Learn how to… learn!
Category : Changing career
Forget about reading books until late hours. These techniques will let you learn fast and effectively!
„Before anything else, preparation is the key to success” – Alexander Graham Bell
First of all, create your study area. You should feel comfortable and have all your learning equipment close to you. Nothing is as distractive as looking for a pencil when you want to underline an important piece of information.
- 3 pens
- 2 pencils and eraser
- blank A4 paper sheets
- coloured pencils
- study materials (books, notes)
Take notes… or draw maps!
A mind map is a diagram used to visually show and organize information. Creating a mind map helps you find connections between pieces of information – and that makes learning so much easier!
- Start in the centre with an image of the topic, then label the image.
- Branch off from the central image and create a main idea.
- From your main branches draw sub-branches (and then even more branches) creating associations between ideas.
- Draw pictures for each branch
- Use different colours for each main branch.
Use memory enhancers
There are many natural products that can boost your brain. Try to include them in your everyday diet.
- Ginkgo biloba – improves blood flow to the brain
- Omega-3 fats – build brain cell membranes, reduce brain inflammation and promote new brain cell formation
- Vitamin E – keeps brain cells healthy
- Asian ginseng – stimulates the nervous system.